The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.Description
Aramark, a world leader in providing award-winning food, hospitality, and facilities services and uniform and career apparel, is seeking a Vice President and Assistant General Counsel to serve as chief privacy, data security and IT counsel in the Legal Department at Aramark's headquarters in Philadelphia. This attorney will report to Aramark's Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Secretary and will lead the privacy, data security and IT legal team.
The attorney will advise, and supervise the privacy, data security and IT legal team in advising, all of Aramark's businesses and corporate functions, including IT and Compliance, with respect to privacy related issues, data protection issues, cyber security and IT issues. The attorney will serve as the team lead and manager for the privacy, data security and IT legal team.
This attorney will provide advice and legal support on a broad array of legal and regulatory matters relating to privacy, data security and IT including:
- Provide legal support to business units and corporate functions on all aspects of global privacy and security requirements, including consumer privacy, PCI-DSS compliance and other industry standards, international and inter-affiliate transfers of personal data, GDPR compliance, CCPA and other state privacy law compliance, "big data" use, marketing, records retention and data protection, and mobile privacy.
- Review and draft language for RFPs, contracts and other legal documents related to privacy and data security requirements; negotiate arrangements related to the use and collection of personal information.
- Review corporate initiatives involving international and inter-affiliate transfers of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable law.
- Draft and negotiate technology contracts, including cloud computing agreements, software licenses, and other IT contracts and vendor agreements.
- Manage a team of attorneys and other legal professionals, provide professional development and growth opportunities, and promote employee engagement.
- Ensure implementation of an efficient contracting process and other systems for interface between the IT group and the businesses and the privacy, data security and IT legal team
- Partner with Information Technology and Information Security.
- Assess and monitor organizational risk; create policies, procedures and training to promote awareness of privacy, security and records management requirements.
- Provide legal support on cybersecurity.
- Support incident response investigations and manage documentation of incident response.
- Assist in data mapping and classification and collaborate with stakeholders to deliver a comprehensive approach for Information Governance.
- Oversee and effectively manage outside counsel.
- Operate with a general management mindset and willingness to provide business advice.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate most or all of the following professional accomplishments and attributes:
- Seasoned and effective lawyer. Demonstrates a high degree of executive presence, with a high level of confidence and agility exhibited in client interactions. Possesses excellent client-service skills and an ability to interact with and effectively advise senior corporate leaders, such as the Chief Information Officer ("CIO") and the Chief Information Security Officer ("CISO"). Demonstrates the ability to establish credibility at senior organizational levels and garners respect from all levels of the organization. In key client interactions, presents ideas logically, assertively and effectively. Facilitates consensus and uses it effectively to resolve conflict and overcome resistance.
- Strong and effective judgment. Thinks logically and exercises well-developed and independent judgment to produce creative and constructive solutions under pressure. Demonstrates experienced and seasoned strategic and analytic approach to solving clients' legal needs. Demonstrates professional and personal ethics and integrity and illustrates an ability to influence decisions through informal authority and interactions.
- High-level problem solver. Handles and brings complex and sophisticated legal matters to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision. Understands and incorporates enterprise-wide strategy and priorities into daily tasks and assignments. Demonstrates business acumen. Can resolve, or lead the resolution of, critical legal issues faced by Aramark's CIO, CISO and Corporate IT group.
- High level of industry. Shows a strong work ethic and a high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Solid leader and experienced manager. Demonstrates effective leadership skills and instincts and executive presence. Has experience managing the legal affairs of a legal group or has served as a key deputy to a senior legal team member and is able to effectively manage a team of attorneys and legal professionals. Exhibits leadership through example, models inclusion and respect, and inspires loyalty and trust.
- Strong communicator and collaborator. Communicates and collaborates effectively and skillfully with colleagues and clients, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent academic credentials, including a J.D., current Pennsylvania bar admission or admission in another jurisdiction with the ability to become licensed to practice in Pennsylvania.
- Seven or more years of experience practicing law in a law firm or a sophisticated corporate law department including significant experience in privacy and IT related laws and regulations, both international and domestic, and demonstration of judgment commensurate with that level of experience.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn in short order about IT infrastructure, information security forensics, payment card processing systems and IT governance and controls. IAPP certification preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills and client-service skills consistent with the highest professional standards.
- Management experience preferred.
Aramark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran