The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.DescriptionSummary:
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for the overall operations and performance for each of the remotely located job-sites for which is he assigned. This responsibility encompasses all aspects of the day-to-day site operations to include, but not be limited to the site staffing (make-up, crew change, safety, personnel development, etc) / client satisfaction / menu planning / janitorial & housekeeping standards / ServSafe - Hygiene standards / Safe Step / cost & inventory controls. All OM's are expected to display excellent leadership skills and be able to instill high-professional operational standards and have a knowledgeable understanding of all Health, Safety, and Environmental (HE&E) requirements for each job-site. The expectation is that personnel assigned as an OM will spend at least 50% of their work schedule conducting (offshore) on-site visits.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following; other duties may be assigned by the General Manager or District Manager as necessary:
- Conduct a site-visit for each remote-site location at least once per month per location for which they are assigned and complete the appropriate site-visit reports which must be turned into their supervisor immediately after the completion of each site-visit.
- Insure that are personnel assigned to their job-site(s) are equipped with the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hard-hat, safety glasses, company issued uniforms, steel-toed-slip-resistant shoes, and gloves as necessary for their specific job duty.
- Be knowledgeable in all training and personnel documentation requirements as directed by the client/job-site to include but not be limited to IADC Rig Pass, TWIC ID, passport, HUET/METS training, etc; the OM is responsible for ensuring that all field staff assigned to his locations are in full compliance with the specific client job-site (contractual) requirements.
- Must have a full understanding of the Job Descriptions for each remote-site location and Standard Operating Procedures and be prepared to "fill-in" for any position as needed.
- Provide instructions, training, and supervision for all catering staff relative to safety policies, emergency response actions, waking on-site crews, muster stations, life-boat assignments, evacuation procedures, and other duties which may be specific to each client requirement.
- Liaise with on-site client staff - OIM, Captain, Safety representative, radio operator - to ensure our staff are performing their duties to the client expectations and are knowledgeable in all drill, weather, and other client policies and contractual requirements.
- Provide instruction on the proper handling and storage of food and janitorial supplies to mitigate any safety risk/hazard relative to cross-contamination, injury, or illness.
- Assist the CM or CB (site-manager) in developing crew change scheduling for their location to establish "regular" crews and ensure communication between the site, the logistic dispatcher, and the on-site client management result in effective operations.
- Administer, through the on-site supervisor (CM/CB), the enforcement of all company and customer policy regarding personal hygiene, site-specific rules/duties, inventory control and menu planning, and effective methods to control food and labor costs controls.
- Develop a list of job-site documentation and ensure that the requirements for the submittal of such documentation are communicated to the site manager (CM/CB).
- Provide supervisory support to each job-site manager (CM/CB) relative to staffing, orientation, safety, inspection schedules, job description and performance expectations, and cost control measures.
Manages the Camp Boss or Chef Manager at each remote-site which is assigned to his work schedule to include all ARAMARK staff members working at each location. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing (support through the HR Department), training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project management - Communicates changes and progress; completes project on time and within budget.
- Technical skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's effort to succeed.
- Visionary leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; improves processes, products, and services.
- Quality management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Business acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust in others; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on-time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and considerations regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to change in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree (BS or BA) or equivalent from a 4-year college or technical school; or 2-year to 4-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer, internet software, inventory software, order processing systems, MS Excel spreadsheet software and MS word processing software.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
include Culinary certification which preferred but not required; ServSafe Certification, HUET/Mets training, TWIC, and Rig Pass.Other Qualifications
include the requirement to travel extensively by vehicle to various ports of embarkation along the US gulf coast, spend a minimum of 50% of the work month visiting all the offshore locations assigned under their supervision.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to prolonged standing and walking as well as frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with the hands and arms and taste of smell. The employee is frequently required to climb stairs or ladders, kneel, crouch, stoop and maintain balance. The employee must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 50-lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
includes separation from family/friends in a remote work place for periods of up to 4-weeks at a time on a rotational basis.
- Working and living in a remote, confined workplace up to four weeks.
- Working 12-hour shifts.
- Working uninterrupted work schedules including holidays.
- Traveling to work throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- May be transported by helicopter or boat to and from job site.
- Critical medical services are not immediately available.
- Accesses to municipal services are not available at worksite.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, hot and humid working conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. While working on an offshore drilling rig there is a risk of fire and/or explosion. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Qualifications
- Requires at least 3 years experience and up to 2 years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Aramark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran