Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Station Cook is responsible for the setup, service and cleaning of the kitchen area as directed by the Executive Chef in accordance with Aramark standards and safety and sanitation policies.
• Follow procedures and directions of management
• Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical.
• Follows proper serving methods, including serving correct portion sizes
• Prepare sauces, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry
• Cook, bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, and poultry items properly
• Follows recipes and cooking procedures as directed by the Executive Chef
• Regulates the temperatures while cooking to ensure food is cook properly
• Sees that menu board is prepared and proper terms are used for all food items
• Inspect, break-down and cleaning of various stations
• Assists in expediting and assembling orders for servers to pick up
• Should be capable of assuming responsibility for a short period of time without a manager present
• Inspects all areas and locks secured areas at the end of each shift
• Follows cleaning checklist: sweep, mop, and empty trash as needed
• Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
• Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
• Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and ensures compliance with these policies and procedures
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Reports to the Executive Chef
• Attention to detail to ensure recipe consistency is vital
• Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manner
• Must be able to read and follow recipes
• Must be focused on safety and sanitation
• Able to follow directions and multitask while functioning in a professional manner
• Perform repetitive tasks
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Comprehend basic written and verbal communication process
• Work in an environment that at times can be hot and humid
• Work with a diverse team
• Must be able to lead, motivate and relate to others.
• Must be well groomed and be able to deal with students/guests courteously and efficiently
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written; able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in a full service kitchen / pastry production or equivalent schooling
• Position requires an extensive knowledge of basic cooking techniques: grilling, sauté, griddle, fryer, baking, broiling etc.
Equipment Used: Oven, Mixer, Grill, Steamer, Calculator, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Chef Knives, Other Cooking Equipment, Computer, Photocopier
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT