Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Food Service Utility Person is responsible for stocking, serving, cleaning, and clearing restaurant tables by removing and sorting dirty plates, glasses, silverware, and condiments.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
• Your uniform must be clean and nonskid/slip shoes are required.
• Follow proper time clock procedures.
• Be sure to “swipe in and swipe out”” accordingly, including meal breaks.
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures
• Clear and clean tables, separating food and waste into the proper recycling receptacle
• Remove dirty plates, glasses, silverware, condiments and other used meal items from tables once all guests have finished.
• Transporting food and supplies from various kitchen, dish room, store room and other areas to dining rooms
• Prepare and serve cold and warm beverage items, such as soft drinks, deserts, milkshakes, coffee, and using drink dispensing machines
• Interact with guests in a professional manner
• Understand and communicate effectively with guests regarding food orders, comments and complaints
• Stock supplies (i.e. utensils, straws, condiments) or food items as necessary to maintain the needed inventory
• Sort dirty plates, glasses, and silverware at station and ensure side stations are kept clean and organized.
• Clean and wipe tables, chairs, and side stations and then reset them.
• Restock clean plates, silverware and glassware.
• Remove spills and trash
• Operation of serving equipment
• Sweep, mop, dust and empty trash cans
• Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the restaurant area at all times.
• Perform any opening and closing side work as required.
• Outstanding customer service is essential; Food Service Utility Person needs to go the extra mile and follow through to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to management immediately
• Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights.
• You must not leave the floor during your shift for any reason, except to go to the kitchen, without checking with the manager on duty.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
Reports to Restaurant Manager. Ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures. Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed. Must have the ability to lift heavy food trays .
• Must be able to work all department shifts.
• Must be able to multi-task functioning in a professional manner under pressure from guests and/or supervisors
• Previous restaurant and food service experience
• Must have problem solving skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess basic math skills
• Outgoing personality and friendly manner
• Must be at least 16 years of age
Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification. Must be fluent in the English language Equipment Used: Hand truck, Vacuum Cleaner, Coffee Maker Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT