Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The Support Staff position for the Recreation Department is a position that deals with assisting in all facets of the day to day activities and operation of the Recreation Department. The primary function is to support the Recreation Manager, Assistant Recreation Manager and the overall operation with coverage at the main desk in our Explore Denali Center. Other duties will include coverage of our Bike Denali rental operation in its day to day effort to rent bikes and provide valuable information and products to Denali guests.
- The Support Staff to the Recreation Department will be responsible for compiling reservations for each raft trip and ensuring that the Recreation Director, Manager, Assistant Manager and Head Guide have enough information to make assignments to drivers, guides and support staff for that designated trip.
- The Support Staff person will oversee retail sales in the gift shop and will be responsible for ensuring that all rules are followed with regard to ARAMARK’s cash handling procedures.
- The Support Staff person will professionally answer the phones at our Explore Denali Center and our Bike Denali office and be prepared to answer many common questions related to the Recreation Department. If they can not answer those questions they will summon the advice and/or assistance of the Director, Manager, Assistant Manager or the Head Guide.
- The Support Staff person will be trained on our SMS reservation system so that they can effectively and efficiently take reservations or look up existing reservations as well as make entries that are deemed necessary for the day to day reporting of all Recreation Department Revenues.
- The Support Staff person will assist the Director, Manager and Assistant Manager with organizational management tasks and should be available to lend support to the basic functions in the Recreation Department.
- The Support Staff person will assist with the pick-up of guests, when necessary, in a company van, and therefore may be required to complete a DQ file as required by ARAMARK policy.
- The Support Staff person will function as an integral customer service contact for all of our recreation guests and should be confident in their ability to deal with the public on an ongoing basis.
Status and Scope:
- Will report to Recreation manager
- High School diploma or the equivalent required. Must speak, read, and understand English.
- Must possess a minimum current certification in Adult First Aid/CPR and a valid U.S. Drivers License.
- The Support Staff person should possess a good driving record and may be required to complete a Driver Qualification file as specified by Aramark policy.
Telephone, Calculator, Photocopier, Computer, Rowing module
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.