About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Alcohol Compliance - University of Iowa
Job Summary: The Alcohol Compliance Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, documenting, and reporting alcohol related incidents and ensuring compliance with Aramark's alcohol service policy. This can include issues with guests or employees/volunteers who are not following Aramark alcohol policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrols assigned areas on foot, checking for suspicious activity or anyone outside of alcohol compliance standards.
- Provides on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members
- Assists managers with employee discipline
- Informs management of escalating employee conduct issues
- Check TEAM certification listing daily for volunteer & employee compliance
- Monitors assigned area and documents all incidents appropriately
- Monitors guest behavior; Ex. passing off of drinks to a minor
- Possess ability to approach guests to enforce the alcohol policy in a calm and courteous manner while still providing excellent customer service
- Monitors employees and volunteers to ensure they are following all alcohol policies; Ex. correct number of drinks served, checking ID's, etc.
- Contact HR and General Manager immediately if an incident occurs with an employee or NPO volunteer
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and submit at the end of the event
- Must maintain a pleasant attitude toward customers, co-workers, and management; must possess excellent customer service skills
Hours of employment:
Game day schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a part time position and hours vary by event and season. Must be available to work University of Iowa home football games.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to walk/stand for majority of shift
- TEAM/TIPS certification or ability to obtain (TEAM is provided at location)
- Willing to accept change, new procedures, and constructive comments
- Ability to build relationships with guests and co-workers
- Demonstrated organizational skills to improve efficiency
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, meet production/service time schedules, and adapt to necessary and unforeseen changes
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments
- Past experience in a supervisory role strongly preferred