Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The HR Manager, HR Shared Services is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. Main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters.
This includes conducting workplace investigations and recommending effective solutions and corrective actions in accordance with policy and applicable laws, as well as advising on performance management.
- Counsel, guide, and educate managers for optimal performance and resolution of complex employee relations and performance management/discipline matters
- Provide non-routine HR Policy consultation, guidance and interpretation for employees, and managers
- Respond to and resolve complex employee complaints regarding policy violations, such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, and other work related issues originating from the employee hotline and other sources.
- Conduct investigations and prepare relevant documentation, partnering with Global Security, Audit, ER COE and Employment Legal as appropriate.
- Recommend appropriate resolution of complaints, develop action plans and follow up to ensure completion.
- Coach and advise managers on performance management and discipline matters; ensure documentation is in place and strategize appropriate corrective action steps. Review draft performance improvement plans prior to delivery to the employee.
- Consult and review involuntary terminations. Collaborate with HR Business Partners, ER COE and/or line of business leadership as required to properly mitigate risk.
- Develop position statements in response to local, state or federal labor complaints, charges, audits and other legal matters. May represent the company for unemployment claims and appeals.
- Review dashboard metrics daily to optimize productivity and ensure work is completed in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in employee relations, HR generalist or related experience
- HR certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple states
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a fair and consistent manner
- Ability to handle stressful situations with grace and diplomacy and remain neutral in difficult employee relations issues
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information on a daily basis and maintain confidentiality
- Work independently to analyze data and provide management with constructive recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with case management technology preferred
- Bilingual preferred