About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a General Manager (GM) for Correctional Services, you will provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned multiple units within a defined district, in order to achieve various operating and financial goals. This person reports directly to the District Manager.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide guidance and motivation to Front Line Managers and other area staff
- Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport with a mutually beneficial business relationship
- Formulate strategic business decisions and be able to execute and deliver on those decisions
- Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential within the organization
- Maintain the financial and business planning process
- Leverage relationships to support new and existing business growth
- This position supervises inmates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Institutions Management, Food and Nutrition, Business Administration or other related field, plus a minimum of 4 year's relevant experience.
- Managing and communicating effectively in a diverse, multi-location environment with focus on client and customer services is a key factor of this job.
- Developing and engaging Front Line Managers to successfully support business needs is essential to being an effective leader.
- The ability to take initiative and make decisions based off information provided and changing demands is an essential capability to be successful in this role.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Previous contract-managed service experience is desirable.