Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Houseperson is responsible for the delivery of linen and supplies (i.e. Roll-away beds) to the various hotel locations and the collection of dirty linen using a company vehicle.
• Collect and distribute large amounts of linen and supplies to various hotel locations
• Disposal of trash into the proper receptacles
• Gather soiled linens for laundering
• Daily inventory and cleaning of linen storage rooms
• Responsible for stripping and stocking guest rooms with linens and removing trash
• Conduct light maintenance in guest rooms
• Deliver, prepare and pick-up roll-away beds to/from guest rooms
• Organize furniture and bedding in guest rooms
• Clean fireplaces and overhead light fixtures
• Clear sidewalks, pathways and surrounding hotel area of snow and leaves
• Assist Roomskeepers in cleaning rooms as needed
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope: Reports to Housekeeping Manager. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to bend, twist, crouch, push, pull, reach and climb stairs constantly. Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to perform repetitive tasks. Attention to detail and focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained. Able to identify and communicate problems in English to supervisor.
• Must have current and maintain California driver’s license
• Able to work in a fast-paced working environment
• Must possess basic math skills
• Driving skills required, including the ability to drive a stick shift and automatic vehicle
• Possess a strong problem solving ability
• Must complete Aramark Safety Training Class.
Equipment Used: Hand Truck, Washer, Dryer, Vacuum Travel
Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING NOT REQUIRED HEARING FREQUENT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING FREQUENT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT