Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Based in Yosemite National Park; the Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for Assisting the park Food & Beverage Director with all FOH Food and Beverage Operations. This position is oversees the dining, banquet, and bar operations at the Majestic Yosemite Hotel. The F&B Manager is responsible for the performance of the department’s front line staff and management team including product presentation, event planning, quality and cost control, services, and safety.
- Responsible for managing all F&B outlets at the Majestic Hotel.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing, promoting, disciplinary action for F&B FOH Team.
- Responsible for follow all company policies, CBAs, and procedures
- Supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control
- Focus on Menu planning and development
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting, P&L responsibility, food & labor costs, creative food & buffet displays, food and beverage service standards.
- Oversee and manage cash handling, dining room/bar/game room cleanliness
- Ensure the requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Manage the Aramark Food Waste program and Aramark Alcohol Service Policy.
- Focus on guest services and training the staff
- Takes lead in special event functions including Bracebridge, Holidays, Taste of Yosemite, and the Grand Grape.
- Utilizes guest feedback to respond to customer needs and to improve service
- Work closely with Executive Chef and General Manager to execute goals, menu planning, and Food and Beverage vision.
- Ability to take action and facilitate change
- Develop direct reports
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred. Educational discipline in Hospitality Management preferred.
- Minimum 4 years hospitality management experience.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience controlling food & labor cost, menu development and pricing required.
- P&L accountability and /or contract -managed service experience is desirable.
- Able to work event based hours (nights, weekends, etc).
- Previous experience working in fine dining, banquets, events, and weddings desired
- Working knowledge of Office Suites, POS systems, and budgeting required.
- Previous union experience prefered