About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Aramark Healthcare has an immediate need for a Food Service Supervisor to oversee the administration and management of the CBORD program within the Food Service Department at UPMC Pinnacle Healthsystem. Provides World Class Patient Services (WCPS) via the meal delivery system designated per component contract (BME, RS, NSS). This position acts to improve patient satisfaction as per the terms of the ARAMARK contract with the customer/client.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently.