Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
The Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) will strategically implement sales and marketing programs to achieve and exceed sales goals. The DOSM will be responsible for supporting the GM in developing programs and strategies that improve market penetration and increase sales throughout the year. As a senior leader on the Sales and Marketing team, the DOSM will be responsible for driving changes that result in profitable base business growth for the property and for our clients. The DOSM will also be looked upon to champion and drive the customer-centric and revenue-driven culture at the property. The ability to effectively create and communicate sales and marketing principles, strategies and field tactics is essential.
• Partner with Operations to attain a cohesive team environment and drive profitability
• Achieve/exceed budgeted property and individual sales targets (self and team)
• Constantly monitor optimal business mix and continually identify and develop new markets and products to proactively react to changing market conditions.
• Develop and expand penetration in existing markets (i.e. leisure, group, corporate, SMERF, general sales agent partners and others.)
• New business development by identifying and expanding penetration in existing accounts and untapped market segments.
• The DOSM position is primarily focused on sales generation with an approximate split of time between sales functions, networking, marketing and administrative functions.
• Properly manage time between sales and marketing functions with primary focus on group sales development and growth, based on determined mix.
• Utilize property revenue management processes and collaborate with revenue management functions, rate and inventory management and forecasting to optimize revenues based on demand. This includes space utilization of banquet/meeting space.
• Set parameters for group business consideration and manage group contracts, rates and terms.
• Strategic development of and tactical execution of creative promotions, packaging, sales and positioning of multiple products and services and if applicable, at multiple locations.
• Establish revenue goals and expectations for each promotion or activity and report out monthly/quarterly on measurements and effectiveness.
• Responsible for collaborating and directing various internal and external partners, including public relations, agency, database management, central reservations and e-commerce/online marketing on behalf of the property.
• Develop creative briefs for the production of creative and collateral material to support sales efforts, and work with internal and external resources to develop continuity in messaging and media.
• Update Quarterly Marketing Calendar on a monthly basis including modifications to plans and results of programs and promotions completed.
• Develop and execute an effective plan for cross-sell opportunities and on-site promotions to generate incremental and ancillary revenue.
• Participate in national and regional trade shows and sales missions that are applicable to venue
• Prepare yearly sales and marketing plan, budget and revenue targets
• Collaborate on weekly forecasts and actively participate in weekly/monthly conference calls
• Submits monthly pace, target to actuals, action plans and other reports
• Communicate and share best practices within Leisure Sales and Marketing’s leadership team.
• Management of sales staff, includes training, coaching and development of managed personnel based on performance and accountability.
• Understand community support/marketing organizations and participate as needed.
• Build client relationship with Level 1 client partners. Communicate with the key members of that team who are directly involved in operations as well as the promotion of our venue.
• Assist GM on property as needed.