About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The position is charged with the responsibility of supervising the component bus drivers. The supervisor is responsible for maintaining the daily DOT and shuttle operations as well as comprehending and maintaining federal, state and Aramark DOT driver safety and compliance programs. The supervisor must ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining safe operation and cleanliness of the vehicles, and the appearance, attitude, and schedule timeliness of the drivers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilites:
- Driver reports to Component Fleet and DOT superiors.
- Must be able to operate busses in all manner of weather conditions.
- Must be able to be flexible regarding changes and additions in pick up routines.
- Must be able to communicate clearly on bus to base radio.
- Must assist in other duties when asked outside of driver responsibility, such as dispensing rental clothing in Snowmobile Operations. Must be legally able to drive a bus.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of area lodging and attractions.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Assist in interviewing potential CDL driver staff.
- Confront and document unsatisfactory employee performance and policy violations.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, discharge, evaluate, assign, reward, and discipline of all employees in supervisor’s area of control.
- Schedules employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains time and attendance records and handles daily scheduling maintaining optimal component staffing levels.
- Responsible for interpreting, training, and complying with Federal, State and Aramark DOT rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Communicates with staff regularly to facilitate the effective flow of information throughout the company.
- Available to work additional hours on short notice in order to accommodate any of the following; staffing emergencies, employee absence, fluctuation in business levels, special projects, etc.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, visual quality, and organization.
- Monitor driver compliance to company appearance and dress code.
- Monitor adherence to all corporate and client customer service policies.
- Supervise and motivate staff to meet operational goals.
- Responsible for maintaining proper fuel reports.
- Responsible for monthly distribution and collection of pre-trip/post-trip documents.
- Will inspect all buses on a regular basis for defects, damage, safety equipment, registration, proof of insurance and overall vehicle condition.
- Will see to it that the Maintenance Department is aware of any and all vehicle defects and will expedite the repair by making the equipment available, and / or taking the vehicle to an outside repair facility as needed.
- Performs other Job duties as assigned
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner.
- Abides by and uphold all guest service standards.
- Abides by and upholds all Aramark policies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Class B driver’s license.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement
- A Clean Driving Record (Must meet Aramark and Federal DOT Standards)
- Drug Screen and pre employment DOT background check.
- Must be able to accurately complete DVIR’s and Pre Trip inspections.
- Air brake endorsement.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- 2 year CDL and passenger transporting history.
- 2 year customer service experience.
- 1 year supervisor experience.
- Available for night, day and weekend shifts.
- Experience driving in winter conditions and tire chain installation.