Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for First Aid Route Sales Representative.
The Route Sales Representative builds solid, positive working relationships with customers and is highly motivated to exceed their expectations and requirements. AUS operates in a very competitive environment and successful “RSRs” must be able to balance exceptional customer service with meeting and exceeding individual sales growth goals. As advocates for the organization, RSRs strive to generate goodwill and loyalty for the organization while performing their work in a professional manner at all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop leads/prospects, sets appointments with prospects, calls on prospective customers to solicit business, prepare proposals to qualified prospects and meet a sales quota.
- Service your customer base along with continued new business. Ensure that product is well stocked and up-to-date. Upsell additional products and services.
- Safely operate a company van in designated territory to call on prospective clients, provide products and service to a variety of clients. Verify daily preventative maintenance of vehicle and maintain proper operator documentation.
- Loads/unloads product per company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Review invoices daily for complete and accurate information and make corrections as needed.
- Meet sales goals and promotes overall route growth to enhance profitability.
- Possess a strong understanding of services, policies, and pricing methods and can clearly communicate these to customers.
- Monitor customer feedback and handle customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Take responsibility for your personal safety and watch out for the safety of others. Use safe precautions, proper tools, and equipment, and adhere to all safe work practices and policies.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and excellent driving record.
- Customer service experience with a wide variety of consistent customer contact.
- Strong math and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience selling services/products and generating new business preferred.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and think quickly to identify/solve customer concerns.
Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures depending on geographical location. Fast-paced environment sometimes requiring irregular and long hours.
Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver up to of 25 lbs. and load/unload product from truck without assistance. This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, and reaching.