Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of biomedical equipment with minimal supervision. Adheres to instructions and corporate policies, and demonstrates professionalism with integrity in all interactions with customers and staff.
- Exercises sound judgment, and seeks assistance when appropriate.
- Conducts departmental rounds with customers to promote communication and learn operations.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, nurses, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Conducts cross-training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMETs.
- Communicates routinely with supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all patient/equipment operator safety issues.
- Works with sales and service representatives of biomedical equipment.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies and procedures, including scheduled maintenance, equipment inspection, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing of most classes of biomedical equipment, such as defibrillators and EKGs.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, SM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs repairs and electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of laboratory equipment.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to performance metrics of SM completion, call closure, parts returns, ETTR & uptime and others as assigned.
- Supervises, mitigates and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors, and obtains service reports.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounts payable processes.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains line of sight to Outside Purchase Services (OPS) expenditures, and helps to ensure that all OPS activities are closely monitored and controlled.
- Intermediate knowledge of Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable trade areas.
- Listening skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
- Results Oriented.
- Maturity, self-development, and integrity.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Basic CE-IT knowledge.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics and 2 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- 3-5 years military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
Active CBET Certification is preferred.
- Should have a working knowledge of general biomedical technology safety and repair equipment, such as a digital multi-meter, AC line analyzer, and defibrillator analyzer.
- Valid Driver’s License may be required.
- Up to 10-20% of day-to-day work may be spent traveling.
- May be required to work flexible hours, including on-call and overtime.