Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark, a world leader in providing award-winning food, hospitality, and facilities services and uniform and career apparel, is seeking a Human Resources Associate (Adjudication Function) to support the review, assessment and adjudication of Aramark’s proprietary background check processes. The Human Resources Associate (Adjudication Function) will work across Aramark’s various business sectors and will be located in Aramark’s Global Business Services Center in Nashville, Tennessee. This position will report to an Assistant General Counsel in Aramark’s Legal Department.
A Human Resources Associate (Adjudication Function) serves a critical role in Aramark’s hiring process and enables Aramark’s managers and human resources professionals to make employment decisions consistent with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the pre-employment screening process. A Human Resources Associate (Adjudication Function) works closely with Human Resources, Operations, Compliance and Global Security.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Adjudicating and processing the background check results for individuals who present an acceptable to low risk to Aramark.
- Confirm compliance with Aramark’s screening process including confirmation that all required background checks were conducted in accordance with Aramark’s practices and applicable law.
- Confirm compliance with applicable statutory requirements such as fingerprinting, clearance requirements and/or occupational licenses and registrations.
- Handle the issuance of required notices to conditional hires consistent with Aramark’s practices and applicable law.
- Document adjudication determinations and communicate those determinations to internal business partners.
- Assist with background check practices in areas outside of hiring/employment such as volunteers, subcontractors and temporary labor.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries about Aramark’s background check practices and processes.
- Process HR transactions and new hire paperwork.
- Maintain adjudication files and complete tasks related to the Adjudication Function.
- Run queries and ad-hoc reports relating to Aramark’s background check practices and processes.
- The Human Resources Associate (Adjudication Function) will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of human resource generalist experience
- Previous experience in human resources, law enforcement, criminal justice, the legal profession or related area
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- Able to work independently or with minimal direction, take initiative
- Ability to assess and analyze information and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to manage a wide variety of confidential information on a regular basis
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer (or similar web browsers)
- Proven attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks according to business needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, and ability to learn quickly and interface with all levels
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage a high volume of workflow and multi-task