Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Camp Helper is a position with various responsibilities that include cleaning tents, restrooms, showers, linens, and dishes. This position is to provide guests with the most efficient and courteous service to guests. The position will be located at 7,500 feet in elevation or higher. Employees will be required to live on site and hike into the Sierra Camp which can be up to a distance of 13 miles. These work locations are away from road access. This position requires flexibility to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays.
• Greet all guests upon arrival at the High Sierra Camp
• Gather soiled linens for laundering
• Responsible for cleaning up trash and proper disposal
• Daily cleaning of tents which include sweeping and cleaning using cleaning supplies
• Maintain the tents in working order with light maintenance
• Wash pots, pans, and dishes in the Kitchen
• Serve guests meals in the dining hall
• Assist with the unloading of pack mules
• Work in various shifts including weekends and holidays
• Answer questions about Yosemite and the High Sierra Area
• Clean and supply restrooms, showers and surrounding area
• Assist in food preparation
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Status and Scope: The Camp Helper reports to the Camp Manager
Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to bend, lift, twist constantly Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to complete repetitive tasks. Attention to detail is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained. Able to identify and communicate problems in English to Camp Manager
• Previous Housekeeping/Laundry experience preferred
• Able to provide basic information about Yosemite and the High Sierra’s
• Must have a valid Food Handler’s Card
• Knowledge of the High Sierra’s preferred
• Have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand for 4 hours at a time
• Since this position is located at an isolated camp, the camp helper must be able to hike 13 miles
• Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions, and in high elevation locations of 7,000-10,000 ft.
• Able to work various shifts, both day and night
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas so others understand
• Must be able to work independently
• Strong English communication skills are required
Equipment Used: Hand Truck, Washer, Dryer, Vacuum
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING NOT REQUIRED HEARING FREQUENT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING FREQUENT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT