Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for preparing a wide range of accounting and financial analyses to be used by management. The position reports to the Manager of Corporate Accounting and requires interaction with management and various staff overhead departments. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization and will assist non-financial personnel with their financial results.
- Preparation of monthly forecast and actual reports.
- Record monthly journal entries and reconcile monthly account balances in blackline.
- Prepare monthly SOX documentation based on GL reconciliations.
- Interact with Internal/External auditors on Quarterly reporting and Sox controsl.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prepare quarterly and annual documents required for SEC reporting.
- Act as a subject manager expert on the inSight Planning/Projection tool. Provide training and coaching to the staff overhead users.
- Administer vacation survey, validate SBC/SPC allocations and test adequacy of selected accruals.
- Research and resolve accounting issues related to income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-3 years of progressive accounting experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail & problem solving, and the ability to work under strict deadlines are essential.
- Strong Excel skills. Knowledge of Hyperion beneficial.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.