Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
This position is responsible for providing monitoring activities, running job processing schedules and supporting business services provided through the corporate data center. They are also a member of the team that racks, cables and powers up incoming equipment in the corporate data center. This is all performed according to detailed instructions as specified by each job’s requirements and those of the shift supervisor or Data Center Manager.
- Processes data in a timely and efficient manner, prints reports, confirms quality control and the distribution of output media.
- Insures the timely and efficient processing of production requests through the computer systems.
- Maintains knowledge of critical systems contingency procedures.
- Monitors and maintains CPU's and peripheral devices used in the company's data center.
- Maintains awareness of the production schedule and escalates any delays or potential delays.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the critical path systems of the data center, as well as keep abreast of new technologies entering the environment.
- Installs equipment into server racks using a server lift. Neatly runs network, SAN and power cables and labels as appropriate.
- Identify processes that do not meet the needs of the data center or work incorrectly and in turn escalate to the shift supervisor or lead operator.
- Establishes and maintains contact with IT management and end users on hardware and production problems.
- Insures that off-site tape storage is maintained at the proper level and that backup media is properly labeled and rotated.
- Review/inspect Computer Room noting current and potential problems, escalating to next level as applicable.
- Insures that adequate inventory and supplies are available.
- This individual should be prepared for temporary re-assignment to assist team due to extended illness, personal emergency or business necessity.
- Work over time as required to support the data center in the event of vacations/illness/IT Support needs.
- Participate in the execution of all Disaster Recovery plan executions and drills.
- Performs at or above the company's Information Systems performance standards.
- Strong organizational & communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written procedures as well as take verbal instructions.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.
- Working knowledge of Client Server/Unix operating systems and monitoring tools (Xymon, Solar Winds, SCOM preferred).
- Experience with Automated Job Scheduling packages (CA Autosys preferred).
- Experience working in a ticketing system (ServiceNow preferred).
- Demonstrate ability to be trained in a wide variety of technologies.
- Associates degree in related field or relevant experience preferred.