Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Business Services division of Aramark, with over $1 billion in revenues and 18,000 employees, provides a wide range of food and other support services to more than 500 clients in business and industry, at more than 1,500 locations in the U.S. Aramark offers Fortune 500 companies and other large and small employers a single-source provider for employee cafés, executive dining rooms, catering, convenience stores, conference center management, and facility management. Aramark Business Dining is looking for professional leaders committed to providing our customers with unique solutions, outstanding variety, and healthy menu choices to improve the overall well-being and productivity of client locations.Description:
- Coordinate and administer requests for set ups and tear downs of special events and meetings.
- All meeting room requests within building are immediately met giving the department a high reputation for service.
- Resource EBMS to manage work orders and make certain the information is distributed to staff.
- Ensure meeting rooms are clean and set according the event managers direction resulting in positive comments by Administration, Department Heads, customers and visitors.
- Instructs and trains employees in the proper use of equipment, cleaning products and procedures.
- Is responsible for self–improvement as evident by reading at least one business/management book a year.
- Utilizes appropriate disciplinary measures as outlined in Union Labor Agreement & departmental employee handbook.
- Identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts when dealing with members of the organization.
- Spends no less than 80% of the working day in the operation following up with departments and employees.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction and Responsiveness.
- Acts, as a liaison between all shifts with no noted communication problems with peers or managers.
- Submits work orders for all applicable maintenance repairs.
- Proactive in dealing with missed service with no record of repeat problems.
- Exercises initiative by seeking additional responsibilities and assignments without having to be asked.
- Presents department in a positive manner to visitors, customers and other M.P.E.A. personnel.
- All requests by department heads for special projects are completed immediately with no needed follow up.
- Promotes, demonstrates, and enforces all facility safety rules and regulations.
- Has daily contact with Department Heads and/or Supervisors to discuss problems or concerns.
- Participates in company recognition programs.
- Is knowledgeable of Aramark equipment, chemicals and programs as evidenced through the quality of work being performed in areas of responsibility.
- Attends all mandatory departmental meetings. This includes a minimum of eight safety meetings a year.
- Completes and documents inspections on all major projects and daily meeting room tasks. Ensures tasks are completed, and no assignments need to be re-done due to poor performance.
- 100% completion of Workers Compensation and General Liability are full documented on the appropriate forms and reported and within 24 hours of occurrences.
- Checks all assigned areas (at least 3 times daily) to ensure personnel are performing work assigned. Reacts appropriately to noted observations and reinforces behavior through either praise or corrective action.
- Ensures Equipment, Storage Areas, Closets, and Stockroom is kept clean, organized and in good running order at all times.
- Arranges for assigned areas to have adequate coverage at all times by checking sign-in-sheets and using personnel effectively. Coordinates and accounts for all phones and keys with employees at beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensures chemicals and solutions are in properly labeled containers at all times.
- Follow-up 100% of the time to ensure sign-in-sheets are fully completed, hours are logged and all scheduled and un-scheduled time off is documented appropriately. Makes certain Aramark is wage and hour compliant.
- Plans for vacations and special days off in advance (at least one week) and gives appropriate notice to the Director of Operations.
- Facilities pre-shift meetings for the purpose of communicating department and operational information
- Checks departmental e-mail daily and responds to messages within 24 hours of receiving.
- Facilitates and adheres to all Aramark policies
- Has earned high regard of staff. Very professional in actions and appearance. Communicates with knowledge and confidence.
- Keeps all Aramark manuals/videos, and other items secure within the facility. Confidential Company information is not disclosed to the facility's personnel or any other unauthorized parties within the facility.
Three years of experience as a Meeting Rooms Manager, Conference Coordinator or Event Planner.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in Meeting Rooms Sets including but not limited to Classroom Style, Theatre Style, Conference Style, Hallow Square, U-Shaped, Banquet Setting, School Room Style, and Chevron Style. Managed a minimum of 15 employees at one time. Must be able to work in a fast paced, high stress environment. Communicate effectively both oral and written. Experience in managing in a union environment is a plus.
A management position for Aramark requires excellent physical condition. This position requires constant walking and monitoring of the facility. The manager must be out in the operation 80% of their working day. In addition, standing for long periods of time, light lifting, bending and stair climbing are all necessary physical demands of the job.