Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Retail Team Lead assists in the daily operations of the store. This position requires employees to order merchandise, supervise and direct staff, cashier, and stock. Team Leads are knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding area and have good customer service skills. This position requires that individuals are attentive, pay attention to detail and help with stocking, cleaning and inventory. Knowledge of retail and cash handling is needed.
• Maintains customer service standards.
• Assigns daily tasks to store staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Work with Store Manager to utilize complete productivity on the floor at all times.
• Train new hires on POS system, overall safety, and job responsibilities
• Full understanding of the Point of Sale system
• Cashier, stock, or order when necessary to expedite the processing of guest’s purchasing.
• Merchandises the floor in coordination with the appropriate levels of merchandise.
• Follow through with information to team members on new products or procedures
• Interacts with customers for possible merchandising opportunities.
• Follows and implements all Wage and Hour standards/procedures
• In partnership with the Store Manager, may participate in scheduling Gift Shop staff on a weekly basis and determines appropriate break schedules to maximize floor coverage and customer service.
• Follows and implements all emergency procedures.
• Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
• May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
• Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
• Provides training and coaching of excellent salesmanship to encourage a culture of upselling
• Report all lost and found items to Security.
• Assist in ordering operating supplies for the retail unit
• Responsible for daily cash procedures and operations
• Maintain confidentiality of guests personal information in compliance with PCI standards
• Responsible for opening or closing the store in the absence of a manager
• Responsible for pricing and stocking areas in the store
• Enforces the alcohol sale policies and other Aramark policies
• Clean public and/or employee restrooms
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Position is considered Full-Time, year-round
• 6 months of previous retail cashiering experience required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Must have strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English well
• Must have good computer skills, including POS experience
• Have a basic understanding of math
• Must have problem solving skills
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Equipment Used: Telephone, computer, Retail Pro Computer System, Calculator