Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Lead Front Desk Clerks are the first line of communication for guests and tour directors, as well as the supervisor for hourly front desk employees when the Front Desk Manager, or Front Desk Assistant Manager is not present. The Front Desk is the hub of all communication for the property. Front Desk Clerks establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at an Aramark location. Front Desk Clerks are attentive and always willing to answer questions and resolve guest issues, communicate guest needs to other departments, reserve rooms and tour activities on the property management system. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, a strong dedication to customer service and a positive and friendly attitude. Leads must be capable of handling conflict and comfortable in a leadership role.
• Greet all guests upon arrival at the Front Desk
• Check guests in and out utilizing the registration computerized system
• Resolve small problems for guests
• Hard assign daily arrivals to hotel rooms
• Confirm reservations for rooms, tours and activities
• Sell and make reservations for rooms, tours and activities
• Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
• Coordinate with Housekeeping as rooms become available
• Communicate with guests in a friendly manner on the phone and in person
• Must be proficient in counting money and providing guests with change whenever needed
• Oversees the day-to-day activities and is responsible for the execution of various tasks.
• Articulates instructions from the managers and determines daily special requirements, ensures equipment or resources are available to perform tasks, and regularly monitors the work in progress.
• Trains new employees and addresses questions or problems relative to Front Desk operations
• Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere at Front desk and lobby areas at all times
• Ensure maintenance, walk-ins and upgrade logs are completed
• Run correct occupancy and emergency reports
• Effectively communicate with guests, employees, tour directors and vendors to ensure all guests receive prompt and courteous service
• Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
• Diplomatically handle guest complaints, always polite and maintaining a professional manner
• Effectively interpret and disseminate information in group and individual settings
• Must have the Ability to speak clearly and confidently in front of groups of up to approximately 80 people
• Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
• Learn and use Springer Miller property management system and Microsoft Office programs
• Use basic office equipment
• Prepare for next day arrivals
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Relieve PBX operator or Bell Person for breaks as directed by supervisor
• Operate Key Machine and related office equipment
• Check and balance daily figures, post room and tax charges on guest accounts
• Check hotel rooms for occupancy by site inspection
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Reports to Front Desk Manager
Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, and a positive attitude. Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed.
• Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written
• Computer literate in MS Office programs; some experience with property management systems preferred
• Previous hospitality experience preferred
• Six months of previous front office experience
• Must be able to type 45 words per minute
• Possess basic math skills
• Demonstrate problem solving Abilities
• Able to maintain confidential guest information and comply with PCI Standards
• Willingness to gain a good understanding of location and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on all activities and amenities offered
Equipment Used: Computer, Fax, Calculator, Printer, POS System, Photocopier Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders) Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING FREQUENT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING OCCASIONAL