About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The Captain directs and supervises the flow of the dining room by providing immediate, courteous and friendly interaction to every guest entering the dining room. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
Ensures an excellent guest experience by greeting the guest, seating the guest, guest reservations, and telephone etiquette and facility cleanliness.
Selects and assigns tables for every guest party according to time, business levels and flow
Seats table sections evenly, efficiently and fairly, according to the guest’s desires, business levels, server rotation and management direction.
Controls the ebb and flow of the dining room by continuously monitoring the current Abilities of the kitchen and wait staff to produce the highest possible product and service to the guest(s).
Checks and assigns wait staff for special events (i.e. special cakes, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) according to the daily special handling list(s) and reservation sheets.
Says goodbye to guests after each visit and ensures that their visit was satisfactory by asking them about their experience
Diplomatically handle guest complaints, always polite and maintaining a professional manner
May be required to train other employees on the role
Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
Closes server stations according to starting times, business levels and management direction.
Supervises and directs the host staff according to current checklist protocol and management direction
Responsible for the follow up check out before closing
Other duties as required by management
Status and Scope: this position reports to the Restaurant Manager
- 1-2 years of experience as a fine dining host
- 1-2 years of experience as a supervisor in a restaurant/food service industry preferred
- Must be customer service oriented with the ability to adapt to special requests and constantly changing circumstances, often under pressure
- Must be able to remain poised while work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Must have problem solving Abilities and be able to foresee and prevent potential service barriers
- Must have the ability to obtain a valid Company Food Handler’s Certification
- Must know proper telephone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English