Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Culinary Dietician combines expertise in food, nutrition, and the culinary arts. Plan and implement nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and wellness within the campus community, including providing nutrition information for on-campus dining locations, counseling individuals, providing nutrition-related services to individuals and groups, and developing handouts and other materials to support nutritional programming.
Recipe Development and Testing
- Develops recipes based on specific nutrition guidelines and/or ingredients.
- Tests recipes to ensure accuracy of measurements and instructions, quality, flavor, yield, nutrition information, and other specified criteria.
- Provides head notes, footnotes, and other copy to accompany recipes.
- Analyzes menus and recipes for nutritional adequacy.
- Develops menus and/or meal plans to meet specific nutrition guidelines.
- Develops story ideas and content for nutrition-based food articles for various publications, including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, websites, and books.
- Provides content editing of recipes, head notes, nutrient analysis, and accompanying text.
- Develops and/or contributes recipes and copy for food industry marketing materials (i.e., website, brochure, etc.).
- Offers nutrition-based information with a health focus to professional and/or consumer audiences.
- Provides nutrition education/counseling to individuals and groups.
- Spread nutrition education and awareness through educational tabling events, cooking demos, lecture presentations, health fairs, and other on-campus programming.
- Conducts one-on-one nutrition counseling and consultations for consumers with special dietary needs. The purpose of consultation is to enable the student to assume more personal responsibility for their health and to help them make their own determinations on what to eat and what not to eat.
- Works with the culinary team to ensure student’s dietary needs are being accommodated and arranges for specially prepared meals, purchase of prepackaged foods or sourcing special requests when the daily menu offerings do not meet their needs.
- Works with student accessibility/disability services and campus health services for proper student registration and medical documentation as it pertains to meal plan exemptions and accommodations.
- Provides individual tours to students and parents to familiarize them with our dining locations and to identify options related to their specific condition.
- Follows HIPAA and FERPA guidelines throughout the entire nutrition counseling process.
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education requirements.
- Develops and implements an individualized portfolio plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, culinary arts, clinical nutrition, food and nutrition, or related area, granted from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in nutritional counseling preferred.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran