Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Carpenter provides continuous monitoring and maintenance of all areas at location. Responsible for a variety of maintenance and construction duties. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Inspects assigned areas on a routine basis and performs maintenance where necessary to keep facility in functioning and serviceable condition
- Executes maintenance work orders and construction projects including, but not limited to millwork, hardware, tile, finishes, and painting
- Reads blueprint and/or building plans
- Operates tools such as chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders
- Checks the quality of work to ensure it is up to code and specifications
- Completes all required documentation and reports issues as necessary to management in a timely manner
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and task as assigned by manager
- Previous carpentry experience required
- Proven knowledge of carpentry and general facility maintenance
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal Ability to follow safety policies and procedures due to physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of greater than 50 lbs.