Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Plant Operator is responsible for operating, monitoring, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on plant equipment in assigned location(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Repairs heating plant equipment such as: pumps, compressors, reducing stations, and heat exchangers.
- Performs annual maintenance overhauls on all applicable equipment
- Repairs air conditioning, heating, plumbing, plumbing, and electrical systems as required
- Monitors running equipment, reads and records log entries; i.e., temperatures, pressures, flows, etc.
- Labels various mechanical equipment by name, function, flow, etc.
- Performs plant operations, equipment operations, service and preventative maintenance work as assigned
- Monitors and logs information from meters, gages, equipment controls, valve conditions, switch settings, and the energy management and control systems in accordance with assigned procedures
- Performs assigned chemical tests of various water sources, documents results, and makes adjustments in accordance with assigned procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Knowledge and experience in repair and general maintenance of heating, electrical, plumbing and carpentry required
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Requires frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Must have required certifications and new equipment training with specific required updates current at all times on those areas listed below:
• City of Chicago Stationary Engineers License
• Illinois Department of Public Health Pool Operator Certificate or CPO
• EPA Universal Technician Certification (Refrigeration)
• Department of Homeland Security FEMA Introduction to the Incident Command System for Schools Certificate
• Chicago Public Schools Asbestos Awareness Certificate