Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: Lead the Waste and Recycle Team with removal of trash and recycling across Denali locations in receptacles and dumpsters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and operate a trash truck equipped with compacting unit on a predetermined trash/recycle schedule during the week and on weekends.
- Dispose of trash/recycle on scheduled trips to the city dump and recycle sites.
- Follow a designed schedule on all dumpsters and/or receptacles.
- Maintain accurate records on all Commercial Drivers Licenses reports.
- Complete Work Orders as needed in a timely manner and provide detailed feedback as required.
- Perform detailed maintenance on all compactors across campus with accurate records.
- Assist in preparations for special events across campus.
- Assist in the training of new employees by instructing them in the methods and use of materials and equipment.
- Assist in ice/snow removal when necessary.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position.
- Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Education Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Two (2) years in solid waste environment.
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required:
- Current valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment.
Full range mobility outdoors, indoors and in confining areas. Visual acuity. Must be able to sit/stand and work as long as eight (8) hours in different positions. Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs. Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and weather extremes.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Must possess flexibility towards work assignments and be a team player.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local rules, regulations and procedures.