The General Ledger Accountant performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process, and balance sheet review and analysis for assigned customer locations/accounts. Strong technical accounting skills is needed for success in this role. This role reports to the General Ledger Team Lead.Description:
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of a portfolio of accounts, which includes: review and follow-up of monthly financial results with field locations and GL team lead, as well as, prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close; generate and review operating statements; compare actual results to the budget and investigate /explain variances, analyze key accounts; identify unusual transactions; verify adequacy of reserves and accruals,.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies and/or the financial procedures of the organization.
- Review newly executed contracts/amendments to validate that financial systems are set up appropriately. Ensure that new opening packages and closing packages are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Verify customer invoicing to ensure that ARAMARK is billing according to the contractual terms. Follow-up with field operations to resolve contract matters and issues.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy. Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts.
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls and provide associated support to internal and external auditors. Participate in testing for SOX processes to ensure that accounting controls are operating effectively. Support internal and external audits by providing audit schedules and analysis and responding to inquiries.
Participate in ad hoc special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasksQualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with at least 2-3 years’ of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required. Oracle experience preferred.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
- Ability to work under limited supervision in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Ability to perform complex or highly technical accounting tasks and functions.
Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties, including other regions, customers, banks, vendors, internal accountants and provide excellent customer service.
REQUIRES RELOCATION TO NASHVILLE, TN.
*** Learn more about us on Instagram @aramarkcareers ***