Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Western First Aid & Safety (a division of Aramark) is a van-based first aid supplier of top-quality first aid and safety products including certification and compliance courses.
We work with organizations to help meet their workplace safety needs including certification and compliance courses. Western First Aid & Safety is based in Kansas City, but operates throughout the United States.
We are looking for an effective Assistant Warehouse Manager to join our team and help drive our growing business. This role will support our receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations. The person in this role will work closely with the Warehouse Manager on process to efficiently dispatch first aid and safety equipment and supplies, as well as manage inventory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of best practices for logistics principles, policies, and processes to improve operational and financial performance
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager to resolve distribution and logistical issues while providing excellent service and high levels of quality
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Coordinate the purchase of materials to support the function of Western First Aid’s business
- Monitor sales and inventory levels of selected SKUs, updating forecasts as needed
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and update management database when necessary
- Ensure the IT systems in place are effective and accurately maintained
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a logistics/supply function, with knowledge of supply management procedures
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organization skills, with high detail orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer/client orientation
- Able to perform financial calculations
- Ability to lift, push, pull 30lbs in a warehouse environment
- May be exposed to environmental changes and temperature fluctuations within the warehouse