ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com, and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.
Based in Yosemite National Park; the Rooms Operations Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing activities within the Front Desk, Housekeeping/Rooms departments, as well as all areas of the resort and ensuring overall guest satisfaction and adherence to business goals
- Meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and clients
- Supervise and monitor team members to ensure a high level of guest service is delivered at all times. Empower staff to answer questions and make appropriate decisions.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt
- Monitor and support all operations of the Front Office areas.
- Set and monitor budget and identify cost savings wherever possible.
- Meet with both the Housing and Office team to review issues, disseminate information and formulate a plan of action each week.
- Responsible for clear and timely communications relative to all operations
- Review and approve presented staff schedules: minimizing overtime hours, honoring schedule restrictions, Time off Requests, and business demands
- Monitor/handle discipline issues within the department, prepare documentation and meet with employees
- Conducts continual inspections to determine the building's overall level of cleanliness
- Oversees/approves inventory, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all linens, cleaning supplies, guest room supplies, laundry supplies, machines, and equipment
- Reports and schedules to repair any unsafe conditions or equipment. Monitor disposal of waste from housekeeping duties to ensure proper storage and minimize wildlife interactions
- Manage in line with CBA guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field.
- Experience in hospitality operations management.
- High energy level that is communicated to the team and exhibit a proven track record for growing business.
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to manage in diverse environment with focus on client and guest service, experience in guest-centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly
- Union experience
- Creative problem solver with exceptional competence with using Microsoft Office programs to provide analysis
- HACCP, Food Safety, TIPS program, BTD, Labor management, COS and Inventory analysis skills preferred
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.