Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
As the Director of Culinary you will lead the Strategy and infrastructure support plan, food quality and safety management for the National Accounts Group.
Directly accountable for all aspects of culinary operations within the Group, this position reports to the RVP and will play a central role in ensuring product quality and culinary talent management and development.
- Responsible for the direction of the overall culinary program, including new menu development, sourcing and concept development and refinement in partnership with the Culinary Development team.
- Implements, and ensures Culinary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed in the areas of food safety, food storage, prep recipes, line procedures and all other culinary processes.
- Implements practices and corrective measures to address culinary operation efficiencies; identifies best practices, and trouble shoots underperforming units to get them back on track.
- Is the liaison between Purchasing and Operations. Monitors purchasing practices and prices, communicates on best practices.
- Performs Quarterly Culinary Audits of each account and regular visits spot checking safety practices while correcting and training the food safety habits of the team.
- In conjunction with the Operations and Human Resources Departments, is responsible for the culinary set up of new Account Openings and manages the culinary process pre-open and through first month when necessary.
- Is involved in the selection and training and development of culinary talent as well as partners with the culinary operations leadership team to ensure succession planning of culinary talent.
- Leverage and manages the culinary resources of vendors to supplement and enhance internal resources
- Position can sit anywhere Nationwide
- 10+ years of culinary leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in high-volume kitchens
- 5+ years of experience of multi-unit/concept management
- A Degree in Culinary Arts or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
- Experience building, managing, and engaging a team of direct staff as well as mentoring indirect staff.
- Knowledge of all safety standards customary in the food industry and mandated by government regulations including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the standards set by the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI).
- Motivated, self-starter capable of holding self and team accountable for achieving goals.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation
- Proven leadership skills with a strong ability to assess talent and build effective teams.
- Hands on ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple complex projects concurrently within a fast-paced and growth environment.
- Travel Requirements: 50%-70%