Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Senior Manager of North America Audit manages the audit activities performed by the 10+ person team across the US and Canada.
- Provide leadership and direction for engagement team. Ensure fieldwork is properly conducted and completed in accordance with the audit plan, staff is supervised, and work is reviewed. Review final audit documentation and ensure any necessary follow-up work is performed.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the organization. Solicit their input and feedback on audits performed and incorporate such in future audits or value-added services.
- Accountable for audit plan execution by managing team through the various engagements varying in scope and complexity. Ensure all engagements are properly planned, staffed, performed and completed timely. Provide management oversight, training and technical guidance to the staff. Proactively lead audit planning efforts. Define project scope and timeframe for approval by leadership.
- Demonstrate high quality verbal and written communication. Ensure engagement reports, audit findings and recommendations for action by management are clear and concise. Ensure engagement reports are issued timely and with high quality.
- Contribute to the operation and management of the Department in areas of budgeting, staffing, training and recruiting. Create culture of team engagement by developing diverse and highly motivated staff and career plans, assigning meaningful and challenging assignments and recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance. Provides timely performance feedback to team members. Serves as a mentor. Provides coaching, guidance and development to team members. Apply problem solving techniques and critical thinking to identify, analyze and proposed resolution of business issues. Use reliable and relevant data analysis where applicable.
- 35% Travel Required
- Minimum of 5-6 years of progressively responsible audit/accounting experience; knowledge of Aramark operations or combination of public accounting and/or internal audit experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA or CIA required, MBA Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; individual should demonstrate initiative and ingenuity with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with strong inherent project execution skills including prioritizing tasks and adapting to changing circumstances and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to particular area of accounting and/or business processes; Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO 2013, PCAOB Practice Alerts; Possess knowledge of ICOFR Compliance best practices
Demonstrated team management experience.
Independent, objective and displays due professional care and skepticism