Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Recreation Office Lead Worker
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recreation Coordinator/Driver plans and coordinates events and recreational trips for employees every month. Provides pick-up and drop off services for newly arriving employees throughout the season. Provides general support to Housing Department as needed. Provides exceptional guest service to all internal guests.
Must be able to create, plan and coordinate events for employees. Responsibilities include time management, safety, and development of relationships with external vendors to provide employees with engaging cultural and recreational opportunities. Working hour must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
• Create, schedule, plan and coordinate events for employees every month
• Send calendar to Housing and Recreation Manager for approval and dispersing prior to the first of the month
• Coordinate with companies through email/phone/in person to set up and carry out scheduled events
• Create spreadsheet and flyers for all events
• Drive company vehicle to events/trips with employees
• Monitor employees during events/trips to ensure their safety and their actions have a positive reflection on Aramark
• Answer any questions any employee has regarding events
• Drive company shuttle van to pick-up or drop-off arriving/departing employees (10-13 hour day)
• Drive shuttle trips to Social Security Office as necessary
• Accompany employees to Walmart, LabCorp, lunch, etc. and maintain appropriate departure schedule
• Monitor the Equipment check-out log
• Collect delinquent items
• Maintain an inventory
• Alert Housing Manager when items need to be replaced
• Prepare linen packets for the J1s and place in Dorm 4, 5, and 6
• Help Housekeeper stock toilet paper and shower curtains in all dorms and bunkhouses
• Conduct Final Inventory of Dorms – Dressers. Keys, etc.
• Start making linen packets for following season
• Accept, sort, and log mail from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and interoffice mail
• Checkout mail to employees with credentials
• Issue Manager and Employee Meal Cards
• Monitor the Meal Card Log and send to LPA at the end of every pay period
• Unpack when delivered
• Check out Uniforms to employees
• Maintain a Uniform Log
• Send updated Uniform Log to Purchasing every Friday
• Fill soda machine with drinks as needed, Collect and count money, deposit funds
• Make minor repairs when needed
• Answer EE and Guest questions
• Help Housekeeper with duties when they are is busy or absent
Computer, Adding Machine, Photocopier, Motor Vehicle, Printer, Telephone, Small Shredder, Fax Machine, Badge Maker, Camera
SCOPE: This position reports to the Housing Manager and has a working relationship with the Assistant HR Manager to ensure all employees are provided with excellent customer service. Must be able to work with a diverse workforce and develop professional relationships with department managers, employees and vendors. Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Protects the safety and well-being of employees by driving carefully and obeying all motor vehicle laws
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent guest service skills and be a team player within the HR and Housing departments and the company as a whole