Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Lead Lifeguard - Half Dome Village (Yosemite Summer 2018)
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Front Desk Manager oversees the daily operations of the pools by assisting in the planning. Direction, leadership and staffing of all lifeguards on deck. Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Ensures that the lifeguards are watching and observing the safety of patrons of our aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Handles customer complaints in a timely and effective manner and handles escalated complaints.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, directing, and supervising of all lifeguards; arrange for breaks and rotation of work posts.
- Empowered to make decisions that directly affect the guest's experience in a positive fashion.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility and the lifeguards; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Responsible for enforcing employee rules and enforcing property specific rules.
- Knowledgeable and competent about emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Ability to remain calm and have a calming demeanor during stressful situations.
- Ensures in conjunction with the Office Manager that all safety equipment is in stock, at the appropriate location, and in good working conditions at all times.
- Compile written reports to document rescues, injuries and other incidents as required.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Maintains confidentially in employee and guest matters.
- Ensures the completion of various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Maintain accurate records, ensure proper completion of reports, records, logs, and timecards, and make necessary reports to the Manager.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Attends meetings as necessary.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Manager/General Manager.
- Assists in completing in-service trainings for lifeguards.
- Manages the flow of guests in and out of the pool area.
- Responsible for making sure that lifeguards are cleaning bathroom/shower area regularly.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or handouts.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position.
- Completes all duties of a lifeguard.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor.
- Lifeguarding Certification & CPR/First Aid Certification (current)
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices for organized aquatic and recreation programs; principles of effective supervision and evaluation of staff; techniques for effectively dealing with the public, both in person and over the telephone and rules and regulations about pool operation.
Equipment Used: Rescue Safety Equipment, Chemicals and related items, Pool equipment, First Aid Equipment, Pool Testing equipment
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING FREQUENT