The marketing team at Aramark is charged with building a strong brand and driving profitable growth. Through repeatable business models that leverage insights and innovation, Aramark marketers help build base business, new business, and client retention through concepts, programs, products and practices that engage consumers “at the moment of truth” – where we serve over 2 billion meals each year at workplaces, schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, sports & entertainment venues and other locations around the country and the world.
In this role, you’ll oversee our proprietary coffee brand for the major retail LOBs, working on concept development, piloting and launch. Additionally, you will lead development work on other coffee initiatives for the enterprise. Finally, the role may lead development additional proprietary concepts and solutions.
This position is being created to expand Aramark’s brand management capability with an additional advocate for consumer-centric innovation, a strategic brand pillar and priority driver for the company. We are seeking a forward looking leader to oversee the development/repositioning of our proprietary coffee concepts.
The Brand Director – Coffee Category is part of Aramark’s broader Brand Management & Innovation team and is responsible for:
- Project Management: Lead cross-functional teams, including product development/menu, supply chain, environment, operations, OpX, finance, IT, corporate communications, business units, etc. to develop, launch, assess and continuously improve our brands.
- Marketing Management: Lead development of key programs, promotions, and ongoing yearly activation that support the brand. Potentially includes new brand features which could include technology, loyalty, menu & new product development changes.
- Brand Transition: Develop process and work with Aramark business units to determine transition plan of current branded offerings into new proposed model
- Measurement: Determine brand concept KPIs and success measures. Track and report initiative results against these objectives while managing the budget and other project management duties (e.g., timelines, project plans, program administration, etc.)
- Business Unit Support: Service program support requests from field marketing and account leadership.
- Strategy/Planning: Develop the Aramark coffee strategy with priority on the creation and ongoing brand management of the Aramark proprietary coffee brand offering. Complete annual marketing plan with strategies and tactics to refine and enhance the brand(s).
- Brand/Concepts Insights: Utilize consumer, competitive, category, and business unit insights to assess the white space and opportunity for Aramark’s proprietary concept offering. Include insights and analytics ongoing for management, continuous improvement and innovation within the brand framework.
- Brand Development: oversee the creation, repositioning, and/or refresh of the proprietary coffee brand including brand positioning, visual identity, logo, and environment/trade dress. Manage all aspects of pilots and launches with Global Operating Excellence team including initial training materials, roll-out plans, and sales/operations tools development. Oversee continuous innovation for the brand.
- Environment development: Aligned with brand positioning, work with Capital Projects team and agency to develop environment/trade dress including physical re-imaging; look and feel, décor, and consumer travel path/journey for new concept or repositioning of current equity
This position will report directly to Aramark’s Associate Vice President, Proprietary Brands on the Brand Management and Innovation Team within the Marketing COE.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in Retail/CPG/Food Service.
- Multi-unit restaurant experience including QSR/Fast Casual
- A retail mindset with both brand development and activation experience.
- Cross functional team leadership experience
- P&L experience and a proven track record of growing businesses
- Successful track record repositioning and building brands.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Platform development and leadership of new business and channel solutions.
- Strategy and program development (leading annual brand/marketing planning)
- Ability to understand broader company and project/program strategy and to prioritize and manage projects accordingly.
- Quick study—adaptable/able to learn on-the-go to support projects/programs across a wide range of functional areas.
- Ability to lead initiatives across business units and flex ideas/concepts appropriately depending business needs.
- Ability to work with and influence a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds and expertise across all functional areas (internally & externally).
- Strong business analytical abilities, and project management skills /production orientation.
- Persistence/perseverance/patience (ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in uncharted territory).
- Resourceful/able to juggle multiple tasks.
COMMUNICATION & STYLE
- Strong written and presentation skills in range of formats for hands on development of professional quality presentations, project management communications and program support materials for internal and external audiences.
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work independently
It is expected that the successful candidate will also have the following personal attributes:
- Strong value system, integrity and respect always, and work ethic
- Hands on leader/team player/strong collaborator
- Highly motivated/“can do” positive attitude
- Highly organized and results-orientation
- Able to deal with ambiguity/effectively cope with change
- Demonstrates good judgment