Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Buspersons are responsible for clearing restaurant tables by removing and sorting dirty plates, glasses, silverware, and condiments. They also clean, reset tables and side stations and restock dinnerware. Buspersons assist Dishwashers by prepping the dishes that need washing. In addition, Buspersons assist Servers by setting tables and delivering food and beverages to ensure maximum guest satisfaction for all restaurant guests.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
• Your uniform must be clean and nonskid/slip shoes are required.
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures
• Clear and reset restaurant tables.
• Carry service tray in order to deliver food and beverages to the table in a timely manner - assist with refilling water, serving bread and other food and beverages.
• Retrieve and stock linen, china, silver and glassware, food and beverages
• Know the wine list, menu, and specials
• Work with host for proper seating arrangements,
• Remove dirty plates, glasses, silverware, condiments and other used meal items from tables to the dish room once all guests have finished.
• ability to operate Point of Sale system
• Assist Server with food service, including retrieving items from the kitchen and bar
• Sort dirty plates, glasses, and silverware at side station and ensure side stations are kept clean and organized.
• Clean and wipe tables, chairs, and side stations and then reset them.
• Remove trash and sweep and vacuum restaurant floor.
• Break down any buffets, displays, or stations between service when needed
• Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the restaurant area at all times.
• Perform any opening and closing side work as required.
• Outstanding customer service is essential
• Buspersons need to go the extra mile and follow through to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to management immediately
• Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights.
• You must not leave the floor during your shift for any reason, except to go to the kitchen, without checking with the manager on duty.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope: Reports to Food and Beverage Manager. Ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures. Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed. Must have the ability to lift heavy food trays
• Must be able to work all department shifts.
• Previous restaurant and food service experience
• Outgoing personality and friendly manner
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification.
• Must be fluent in the English language
• Must have 6 months fine dining experience
Equipment Used: Hand truck, Vacuum Cleaner, Coffee Maker Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT