Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Catering Sales Manager is a key sales position, responsible for maintaining existing catering accounts as well as actively soliciting new business on campus and off-campus and in the localized area.
In this role you will foster relationships with clients within markets in order to meet or exceed revenue goals. In addition you will provide leadership to the Catering team and professionally represent the company at all industry/community functions and act as a team player with all departments.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through inquiries and prospecting to maximize revenue potential.
- Inputs data to generate proposals, contracts, BEO's, update client files, and enter information into Cater Trax.
- Follows-up with all clients through phone calls, letters, and site tours in order to secure contracts and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Greets and services all clients/groups to ensure satisfaction
- Must be able to successfully manage and execute events in a fast-paced environment, preferably with experience in off premise catering, this accounts for 25% of the position.
- Verifies, from the booking report, that all files are made and that all bookings are turned definite in a timely manner.
- Phone support, creating correspondence, and provide back-up support for the managers as well as administrative staff.
- Direct mail campaigns or e-blasts as needed.
- Weekends and evenings will be required based on the bookings.
- Creates and maintains reports as needed to assist with the sales effort.
- High school or equivalent education required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous catering sales experience within a hotel, country club or event center preferred
- Ability to meet sales goals consistently
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran