Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
This position reports to the Director of Environmental and will provide environmental technical support for Global Risk Management (GRM) – Safety & Risk Control (SRC) team. Candidates should possess the ability to assess potential environmental risks associated with Aramark’s scope of services, provide sound business solutions and serve as a strategic partner to the business. A strong understanding of U.S. federal and state regulatory programs is required.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the GRM/SRC team and the greater Aramark organization concerning environmental risks.
- Work closely with representatives from all Lines of Business (LOBs) within the organization, the Legal Department and other stakeholders to provide guidance support on all environmental compliance and risk matters.
- Coach and support field operations in implementing Aramark SAFE (Safety Assurance in Food and Environments) – Aramark’s management system for mitigating and controlling occupational, food and environmental safety risks.
- Manage field level inquires requiring environmental compliance and risk and assist in resolution.
- Support development and maintenance of Aramark SAFE program tools and resources (i.e., website, standards, training, inspection forms and visual aids).
- Assist in environmental compliance inspections and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
- Support SRC in developing, reviewing, refreshing and presenting environmental awareness and compliance training.
- Measure, monitor and evaluate field effectiveness of environment-related Aramark SAFE processes and regulatory compliance readiness
- Conduct risk reviews of new and existing business to identify environmental exposures associated with scope of work.
- Assist LOBs during environmental releases, spills, compliance inspections, and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
- Inform SRC department of emerging trends, arising and/or changes in environmental best practices, including training various levels in the department on these trends/changes.
Individual will have a direct reporting line to Director of Environmental Risk and Compliance. The individual in this position MUST have strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and solve problems with certainty. Proficiency in Microsoft applications is a must. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, geology, engineering or related safety or environmental discipline.
- 5-10 years of safety and/or environmental experience. A minimum of 3 years of practical compliance program implementation support is required.
- Diverse background/experience in addressing safety and/or environmental issues and understanding of EHS compliance programs.
- Understanding of U.S. federal and state environmental regulations and environmental best practices is also required. Knowledge of Canadian federal and provincial law is desirable.
- A strong working knowledge of federal and state environmental programs covering tanks, air quality, waste management, water protection and chemical management is necessary.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 principles (to serve global clients), quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO, etc.) and sustainability initiatives is also desired.