Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: The Dietary Worker provides patient customer service via phone and software systems and serves as a liaison to other departments regarding patient meal services. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Provides patient customer service by takings phone calls and entering patient meal orders
- Directs patient inquiries regarding meal and nutritional needs to appropriate parties
- Utilizes software to record patient orders
- Maintains general knowledge of therapeutic diets to ensure meal orders are process accurately
- Works closely with doctors, nurses, and the room service team to ensure accurate patient nutrition
- Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous customer service and/or call center experience preferred
- Experience in food service, as a dietary clerk, or in a related field preferred
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of web based software; ability to adapt to changes in software programs