Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Night Utility Worker
Marina Services Worker- Night Utility will primarily assist customers at the Marina facilities. This position will primarily be performing cart service on and off the dock, hauling guest’s luggage, cleaning marina facilities, driving boats, driving a shuttle van and other dock hand duties. The Marina Service Worker- Night Utility are flexible, willing to assist wherever needed, comfortable working the night shift, outside and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Marina Services Workers- Night Utility must be able to work physically hard, night shift hours and able to deal with constant lifting and bending
• Complete a nightly review of the Marina for the manager each night.
• Complete slip audits for correct boats, pedestal lights and any other pertinent information.
• Follow proper protocol for emergencies, noise complaints and any other issues that may arise during the late hours at the Marina.
• Document any environmental issues, injuries or incidents that may arise during their shift.
• Be CPR and first aid certified.
• Clean and stock all marina restrooms with proper supplies.
• Collecting and disposing of guest trash and recyclables on the dock, and ensuring the trash compactor is compacted each night.
• Drive and maneuver an ATV, cart, boats and vehicles safely and effectively.
• Lifting, carrying and transporting items, which may weigh over 50 pounds.
• Provide assistance to guests as needed when checking into transient slips in the Marina.
• Checking transient guests into the appropriate slips and taking payment.
• Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the docks, parking lots, fishing dock and surrounding areas by removing trash and debris and cleaning all public areas.
• Check cleanliness of black carts when transporting them to proper locations.
• Shuttle guests to buoys by boat during the appropriate time of day.
• Professional and proper VHF communication skills.
• Marina Services Workers- Night Utility should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to; retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
• Marina Services Workers- Night Utility must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques.
• Understand all machinery and chemicals used.
• Be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
• Identify any maintenance and safety issues to Management.
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
• Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to offer assistance wherever needed.
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early morning and late nights
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
• Marina Service Worker- Night Utility reports to the Marina Manager.
• Must be comfortable carrying and lifting heavy items.
• Cannot be prone to motion sickness as they will be spending hours at a time on the docks.
• Must be comfortable working the night shift and being on their feet constantly.
• Strong English communication skills are required.
• Previous maintenance and boating experience preferred.
• Must be comfortable and knowledgeable using a computer.
• Ability to multi task in high stress situations.
• Must be 21 years of age or over
• Required to drive company Boats, ATV/cart, and/or Vehicles
• Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
• Pre-employment background check is required for this position.
Pressure Washer, Hand Truck, VHF Radio, Cart, Boats, ATV, Golf Cart
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.