Position Summary: Lead – Marina Services Workers oversee the Boat Rentals dock; supporting and training the Marina Services Workers. They assign the day’s work tasks to the Marina Services Workers; ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day ahead, ensuring all Marina Services Workers are on task for delivering superior customer service. Lead – Marina Services Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Marina Services Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
• Perform all Marina Services Worker duties
• Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the Boat Rentals dock team are aware of the day’s tasks, reservations, visiting VIPs, FOCUS & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
• Lead – Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
• Ensure all customers renting boats are checked in and out as efficiently as possible and that all required paperwork is completed and that basic boat usage and safety information is communicated. Encourage and support Marina Services Workers, building their knowledge, in order to be more informative to guests
• Train Marina Services Workers on all aspects of the role; in order to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
• Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
• Coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the Boat Rental department; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
• Forecast labor for dock employees and run regular time reports to ensure hours are kept within what was forecasted
• Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained and order more product as necessary using inventory management software
• Lead – Marina Services Workers are required to assist management in scheduling all dock employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Marina Services Workers
• Lead – Marina Services Workers may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
• Position may require the ability to swap out, stock and refill propane tanks
• Ensure Marina Services Workers complete work assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations
• Lead – Marina Services Workers ensure everything operates smoothly in manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively
• Must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere throughout The Boat Rentals dock at all times
• Verify all work stations are secure and clean at close of shift
• Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
• Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
• Lead – Marina Services Workers report to the Boat Rentals Manager
• Lead – Marina Services Workers must be able to support and oversee the Boat Rentals team to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
• Lead - Marina Services Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc…
• Lead – Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
• Lead - Marina Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day, carrying and lifting heavy luggage and guest items which may exceed 50 pounds in weight
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written
• Advanced boating knowledge / customer service experience required
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office
• May be required to drive company ATV/Cart, boats, and/or vehicles.
o Employee must be 18 years of age or older to drive ATVs or carts.
o Employee must be 21 year of age or older to drive company vehicles.
o Employee must have a current and valid US Driver’s License
o Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR).