Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Job Summary: Quality Assurance Associate - at Bullfrog Marina, Lake Powell, is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the marina facility and enforcing a welcoming atmosphere for the guests.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers; is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs.
• Exercises discretion to maintain the privacy of our slip and buoy customers and their guests.
• Cleans work areas and restocks supplies.
• Monitors marina parking lot and walks the docks to ensure they are neat and tidy.
• Greets guests in a courteous and professional manner.
• Removes trash, recyclables, from assigned work area.
• Assists captains and crew as needed for boat movements.
• Ensures all contract service boats have tasks completed by captains and crew.
• Other duties as assigned, as well as cross training into other roles.
Status and Scope:
• Quality Assurance Workers report to the Marina Manager
• Quality Assurance Workers must be able to support and oversee the Marina team to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
• Quality Assurance Workers should have excellent communication and public relations skills
• Quality Assurance Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc…
• Quality Assurance Workers cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time on boats
• Quality Assurance Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day
• Quality Assurance Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat southwest. Day time working temperatures could exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
• High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred; current student considered.
• Previous experience in boating is preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
• Must able effectively communicate with others and follow written/oral instructions and procedures.
• Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 LBS.
Water hose, Propane bottles, Various tools, Dewatering Pump, Clip board, Ropes, Gas Cans.
Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.