Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Boat Rentals Dockhand primarily performs porter and dockhand duties. The Dockhand is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Dockhands must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant lifting and bending
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock by removing trash and debris from the dock and cleaning all public areas
- Dockhands should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Dockhands will be required to attend the pump out station, pumping waste out of the houseboat holding tanks.
- Dockhands are required to wash the exterior of the houseboats with the lake water hoses, fill fresh water tanks, clean and re-coil anchor lines, clean barbeque grills, clean trash cans and ice chest, wash the exterior windows and dorrs, treat holding tanks with chemical, as well as other exterior preparations of the houseboats.
- Dockhands will be required to use the work barge to deliver and pick up laundry, deliver and pickup warehouse packages, and to assist with water delivers.
- Dockhands must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adheared to.
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Dockhands report to The Boat Rentals/Marina Manager
- Dockhands must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Dockhands must be comfortable being on their feet all day, carrying and lifting heavy luggage and guest items which may exceed 50 pounds in weight
- Previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Dockhands must become Cart Safety Certified in order to drive vehicles
- Dockhands must wear closed-toed shoes and slip resistant footwear at all time while at work.
- Dockhands must be willing to wear life jackets when on board any open-sided boat and during windy conditions on the docks.
- Dockhands must be 21 or older to drive company vehicles or 18 or older to drive ATVs.
- Required to have a current and valid US Driver's License to operate boats, ATVs or company vehicles
- Required to pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check to operate boats, ATVs, or company vehicles.
Golf Cart, Powerboats, Work Barge, Houseboat, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Waste Pumping Tanks.
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.