Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
The Wilderness River Glen Canyon Interpretive Trainer works with the Operations Manager to develop interpretive training and customer service skills for the river based crew including leads, guides and chase boat mechanics. The Trainer will ensure the Team is giving accurate and full information on all points of the river between Glen Canyon Dam and Lees Ferry. The Ops Manager & Trainer will ensure full NPS expectations of the contractual agreement. Also serve as a Lead Guide.
General Duties: Oversee the training and development of all river based crew of WRA in Glen Canyon. Also serve as a Lead Guide.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Train and onboard new guides as well as bus drivers. Develop interpretation program and ensure the adherence.
• Serve as a Lead Guide and lead trips down the Colorado River from Glen Canyon Dam to Lees Ferry
• Assist Operations Manager with Quality Assurance
• Resolve NPS Interpretive concerns in conjunction with the GM, Director and Ops Manager.
• Assist with Encore! Encore! Program
• Respond to guest complaints and issues in a timely manner ensuring a satisfactory resolution.
• Develop and maintain strong positive client relationships
• Provide assistance and support to river based teams
• Reevaluate and inspect operations with management team and implement necessary changes.
• Carry out Aramark’s Mission
• Adhere to Aramark policies and procedures
• Create a system to track interpretive feedback from guides and implement necessary changes/updates.
• Support and implement environmental committee initiatives
• Insure satisfactory quarterly and annual NPS inspections.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to Wilderness River Adventures Director of Operations & Glen Canyon Operations Manager. Trainer must have a complete understanding of the interpretive requirement of the NPS and implement accordingly.
A minimum of a high school diploma preferred and three years on the river service with Lead Guide status or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Supervisory/management experience required.
• Very good computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
• Demonstrated accounting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Phone, Calculator, Photocopier
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.