Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: Lead – Dock Hands oversee the Marina outdoor operations; supporting and training all other dock hands. They assign the day’s work tasks to the dockhands; ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day ahead, ensuring all dock hands are on task in order to achieve the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Lead – Dock Hands are expected to serve as an example for the dock hands to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, exceeding expectations. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management. A Lead - Dockhand is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Perform all dock hand Duties
- Train dock hands on all aspects of the role, including cleaning and developing an attention to detail.
- Must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere throughout the Marina at all times
- Ensure job stations are managed and kept clean and organized
- Ensure all dock hands complete duties and assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations
- Verify all fire equipment is maintained properly
- Lead – Dock Hands may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Ensure everything operates smoothly in manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively
- Verify all work stations are secure and clean at close of shift
- Lead – Dock Hands may be required to assist management in scheduling all Marina employees in accordance with labor
- udgets and assigning work tasks to the dock hands
- Lead – Dock Hands may be required to coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the Boat Rental department; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late nights.
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Lead – Dock Hands report to the Marina Manager
- Lead – Dock Hands must be able to support and oversee the Marina team to ensure the highest levels of cleaning and customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
- Lead – Dock Hands should have excellent communication and public relations skills
- Lead –Dock Hands need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc…
- Lead - Dock Hands cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time on boats
- Lead - Dock Hands must be comfortable being on their feet all day
- Lead- Dock Hands must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written
- Advanced boating knowledge / customer service experience required
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office
- May be required to drive company ATV/Cart, boats, and/or vehicles.
- Employee must be 18 years of age or older to drive ATVs or carts.
- Employee must be 21 year of age or older to drive company vehicles.
- Employee must have a current and valid US Driver’s License
- Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR).