Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The Marina Services Worker primarily performs porter and dockhand duties. The Marina Services Worker is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant lifting and bending
- Provide luggage assistance to all guests, including tour groups. Lifting, carrying and transporting luggage, which may weigh over 50 pounds in order to load and unload houseboats.
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock by removing trash and debris from the dock – cleaning all public areas.
- Marina Services Workers should assist customers in docking and piloting boats in and out of the marina.
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
- Maintain a positive attitude and always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed.
- Marina Services Workers mwill be required to attend the pump out station - pumping waste out of the tanks.
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early monring and late nights
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Workers report to Marina Manager
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day, carrying and lifting heavy luggage and guest items which may exceed 50 pounds in weight
- Previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- May be required to drive company ATV/Cart, boat, and/or vehicles.
- Employee must be 18 years of age or older to drive ATVs or carts.
- Employee must be 21 year of age or older to drive company vehicles.
- Employee must have a current and valid US Driver’s License
- Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR).
Golf Cart, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Water Pumping Tanks, Boat
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT