Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Marina Services Dockhand performs a variety of services to ensure guest satisfaction and safety. The Marina Services Dockhand is flexible, able to work well with teammates, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions, and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service and safety.
• Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
• Maintain all assigned ancillary areas and department areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
• Maintains all assigned ancillary areas, department areas, and corridors with the correct preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in department policy as requested.
• Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operations of the department.
• Promotes effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to component and departmental annual training commitments.
• Inspects and utilizes judgment in determining which techniques outlined in orientation guidelines to follow.
• Demonstrated efficient and safe use of equipment and solutions as observed by supervisor.
• May disinfect and sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides and sterilizing equipment.
• Maintains an orderly environment in the assigned area to protect safety and health of others.
• Diligently employs universal precautions when operating equipment and transporting guests
• Assists guests with luggage transport, trash disposal, and proper recycling
• Keeps marina properly stocked with equipment and cleaning supplies; ensures all chemicals are properly labeled, and all equipment is in good working condition.
• Performs other tasks, as needed, to maintain the assigned area in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
• Assists guests with safely docking and securing vessels
• Safe operation of ATV, Golf Cart, and Boats after successful completion of training courses
• Performs all other related duties.
Status and Scope:
• Marina Services Workers report to Marina Supervisor
• Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working in extreme heat
• Marina Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day, carrying and lifting heavy luggage and guest items which may exceed 50 pounds in weight
Golf Cart, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Water Pumping Tanks, Boat, ATV
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.