Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Porters - Outdoors working for Boat Rentals primarily perform Porter duties. Porters will be knowledgeable about the boats and will assist guests with boat instruction and operation. Porters are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service. Porters also provide a concierge service to the guests.
• Porters are required to check in and check out guests renting boats. Loading guest supplies being very friendly, engaging and welcoming.
• Porters should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
• Porters should assist customers in docking and piloting boats in and out of the marina
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
• Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
• Diplomatically handle guest complaints always be polite and maintain a professional manner
• Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
• Porters must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
• Understand all machinery and chemicals used
• Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
• Identify maintenance and safety issues
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
• Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
• Porters report to the Dock Supervisor
• Porters cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time instructing on boats on the water
• Porters must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
• Porters must be comfortable being on their feet all day
Golf Cart, Powerboats, Work Barge, Houseboat, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Waste Pumping Tanks.
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.