Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Aramark is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies, " and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
• Asilomar Conference Center, California
• Denali National Park, Alaska
• Glacier Bay, Alaska
• Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
• Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
• Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
• Olympic Peninsula, Washington
• Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. The Boat Pilot primarily operates guest boats in and out of the marina. The Boat Pilot is Coast Guard certified and extremely safety conscious. Furthermore, The Boat Pilot should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas and their history; acting as a concierge resource for all guests.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Boat Pilots will be responsible for piloting guest boats in and out of the harbor, around the marina, offer a water taxi service to campsites by boat, piloting private tours around the lake, towing disabled vessels, completing pumping and fueling service and occasionally an uplake anchoring service.
• Boat Pilots are responsible for ensuring the safety of the vessel, passengers, crew and ensuring Coast Guard regulations are followed at all times.
• Boat Pilots should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas and their histories. They should be able to entertain and provide informative, historical, interactive and factually correct commentary to guests on trips. This knowledge should extend beyond the commentary enabling them to provide accurate answers to a variety of guest questions and inquiries.
• They should be customer focused - dedicated to continually extending and updating their knowledge and improving their presentation techniques.
• Respond directly to customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
• Instruct and provide guidance to crew members as needed to ensure vessel is operated in a safe manner.
• Coordinate daily operations with Marina Office.
• Report all infractions of federal, state, county, coast guard laws etc... pertaining to vessel's operation to management.
• Keep all vessels clean and equip with proper equipment.
• Maintain personal vessel log books on a daily basis.
• May be required to issue internal fuel sales memos.
• Must be prepared to work a varied schedule according to business needs - which includes weekends and holidays.
• Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
• Report to work in proper uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
• The Boat Pilot reports to the Marina Supervisor and Marina Manager.
• Must be committed to providing safe boat operations.
• Cannot be prone to motion sickness or sea sickness.
• The Boat Pilot should be willing to gain a good understanding of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on the area's history, activities and amenities
• Should also have a strong customer service focus, outgoing personality, strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment and possesses the necessary management skills.
• Must be fluent in the English language in speaking, reading and writing.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must possess a 50Ton Coast Guard License or higher and be proficient in boat maintenance and navigation.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of coast guard laws and safety regulations.
• Must be able to demonstrate navigation of Lake Powell.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool.
• Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check.
• Pre-employment background and drug testing is required for this position.
Up to 100 Ton Boats, 2 Way Radios, Barges, Boat Navigation System, Fuel Dock, Waste Pumps, Anchors, Other
Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%) Calculator, Hand Truck, Computer, Photocopier, Printer, Pallet jack, Telephone, Etc.
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT