Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Under the direction of the Guest Services Manager, the Manager on Duty is directly responsible for the seamless operation and Quality Assurance of all PM Guest Services Departments. This position will make decisions that directly affect the way the Front Desk, Reservations, Janitorial and Conference Setup departments are run on a nightly basis in conjunction with the Guest Services Manager, General Manager and overall direction of Aramark at the NCTC.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures that the PM Guest Services Team meets or exceeds the responsibilities of the Statement of Work.
- Works directly with the C.O.R. in the absence of the GSM.
- Plans and oversees the scheduling of work, shifts and vacations for all PM Guest Services Staff.
- Completes evening Quality Assurance inspections as well as nightly MOD report.
- Recruits, hires, and trains PM Guest Services Staff.
- Oversees and performs PM Front Desk Tasks.
- Works with the GSM to establish and implement PM Shift Checklists for all PM Guest Services employees.
- Assists the GSM in managing the PM Guest Services departments within established budgets.
- Provide a monthly written Department Status Report to be reviewed with the GSM and submitted to the General Manager.
- Ensure that all PM Guest Services employees are trained on their job duties, safety awareness, and ARAMARK policies and procedures.
- Maintain all MSDS information as per OSHA requirements for PM Janitorial and PM Conference Services.
- Reports Incident / Accidents per ARAMARK policy and procedures.
- Generate maintenance and repair work orders for deficiencies noted during evening inspections.
- Works with GSM in ordering, storage, inventory and control for all purchases for the PM Guest Services department.
- Acts as the GSM during their absence.
- A 2 year degree in Hospitality Management or related field is desired.
- The Manager-On-Duty shall possess at least three (3) years of recent responsible experience in the management and supervision of commercial housekeeping, conference setup, and hospitality services comparable in size and characteristics of the NCTC.
- The MOD shall maintain all services during evenings and weekends or at times whereas the Guest Services Manager is not on the NCTC.
- Specific experience in setting up and managing a variety of guest services including, but not limited to, transportation, reservations, billing, front desk, laundry, housekeeping, and classroom and meeting room setup is highly desirable.